From Tobacco Products
Nicogel is a tobacco gel that smokers can substitute for cigarettes. It is to be used when a smoker is in a place where they are not allowed to smoke. It is not a smoking cessation product. To use Nicogel one must take a single press of gel and rub it into your skin. Nicogel comes in 50ml pack. Nicogel contains an extract from the stems of Nicotiana spp.
- Nicogel provides a convenient and easy alternative to smoking and dipping in public venues that continue to prohibit certain types of tobacco use.
*The product has 1/10th of the tobacco of a cigarette.
- Nicogel rubs in clear and dries odor free.
- Nicogel is probably the world's favorite cigarette replacement.
Product Design Features
- Nicogel is an odorless, water soluble, dermal gel that absorbs quickly into the skin
- Contains (from package): water, extract of tobacco (40% v/v), diethylene
glycol monoethyl ether, guar gum, xanthan gum, sodium metabisulphite
- Dispensed via individual packets and pump container
Nicogel Highlighted on the BBC
- Available in the U.S. at Walgreens Pharmacies and online
Advertising and Selling Messages
- Slogan: “Nicogel – the smoker’s friend”
- Slogan: “Cigarette satisfaction in a hand gel”
- Advertised as “a new cigarette alternative that is satisfying smokers when you can’t smoke”
- Promotion: “Nicogel Packet Giveaway Promotion;” 0.8 ml packets free plus shipping and handling
- Comes in a 50 ml pump bottle and 0.8 ml individual packets.
- Packaged in a blue and white box marked with the Nicogel logo and slogans
- Available in 0.8 ml individual packets (free trial)
- Available in 10 packet box for $5.99
- Available in 50 ml bottle for $19.99
Use and the Consumer
- Available in U.S. at Walgreens Pharmacies and via the web
- Available in the UK since April 2006; available worldwide shortly
- Free samples are available online through Sunridge Distribution Inc.
- Not yet conducted or not available
- Website disclaimer states “If you are a minor... Nicogel USA does not want you to use our products. They were not developed for you”
- No known organized community campaigns