From Tobacco Products
For Up Date Information Concerning this product go to Tobacco Commons
The dissolvable products -- a pellet (Camel Orbs), a twisted stick the size of a toothpick (Camel Sticks), and a film strip for the tongue (Camel Strips), are made from finely ground flavored tobacco. The products melt in the mouth within three to 30 minutes. RJR said the Strips melt fastest, the toothpick-like Sticks dissolve in about 10 minutes, and the pellet-size Orbs last the longest.
The nicotine delivery of the products is said to be high: whereas a cigarette smoker typically takes in about 1 milligram of nicotine, the Camel Dissolvables are said to deliver about 0.6 to 3.1 mg of nicotine each.
R.J. Reynolds released Camel Orbs in the Selected Cities: at Super Speedway in Columbus, Ohio, and Indiana polis, Indiana, and the Plaid Pantry in Portland, Oregon.
Camel Sticks, flavor mellow, will be released in Spring 2009, and the Strips in the flavor fresh will be release in summer 2009. Nation Release date is undisclosed.
- The best tobacco you never smoked
- Face the future Join the Movement
- Revolution in Pleasure
- No Spitting Required
- Dissolves in your mouth
Video Display from YouTube
FDA on Dissolvable Tobacco
- FDA Clarification on Dissolvables
- FDA to require substantial equivalence reviews for new tobacco products- Jeffery Ventura
- Letter From Lawrence Deyton to Jon Williams of Star Scientific
- Letter From Lawrence Deyton to Mr. Daniel Delen Reynold American (camel) representative
- Protecting Kids from Tobacco - FDA
- Tobacco mints a lot like candy?
- Parents beware: New dissolvable tobacco products coming soon
- New tobacco products tested on Portland market
- Tobacco Industry Update NEW TOBACCO PRODUCT ALERT
- New Tobacco Products Tested on Portland Market
- Word of Mouth Success of dissolvable tobacco rides on consumer buy-in, communicating purpose
- 'Camel Dissolvables' head for Portland
- Tobacco orbs Melts in the Mouth
- Clearing the Air
- Brandweek Says RJR Will Roll Out Dissolvable Tobacco Alternatives to Cigarettes Next Year
- RJ Reynolds Dissolvable Tobacco
- Reynolds Moves To Be On Top When Smoke Clears
- Snus, Sticks, Orbs and Strips (Oh, My)
- Smokeless Tobacco Composition (Patent Application) Please see DESCRIPTION Summary of invention
- Smokeless Tobacco (Patent Application)
- PHILIP MORRIS Dissolvable tobacco film strips and method of making the same